Fathers Day UK Ideas
For some ideas of presents to get for your dad for Fathers Day, let’s consider a few options.
First of all, when is Fathers Day UK 2018? It is held this year on Sunday 17th June 2018.
Remember the weather is getting warmer now at this point in the year, so rather than simply get your dad a present for that can gather dust, why not get a present that he can experience or use outside of the home. You can buy him a gift of an experience, this could be anything from a hot air balloon ride, to an evening out at the theatre, to a weekend away with mum. These gifts are the perfect way to mark that special day. If you are really unsure, or I’ll leave it to the last minute, then let him decide for himself, and by him a gift voucher from one of the experience days specialists, like red letter days. Sending your dad out for the day is a fantastic way for him enjoy Fathers Day UK
If you dad is more of a technological person, and if you tend to pay a lot of attention to the types of gadgets and check that he is interested in, then you wouldn’t go far wrong to buy him a gadget that you know he would appreciate. Even better, if you can buy him something that is compatible with his existing gadgets, you will definitely love you. Does he is an iPad? Well a brand spanking new iPad case certainly would be very much appreciated. This is keyboard and mouse are old and dirty, why not buy him a new one? The technology of monitors and TVs is improving all the time, why not buy him one of the latest energy efficient, and multimedia enhanced newer versions?
Does he consider himself a chef? Then you could get this budding Gordon Ramsay some kitchen equipment to make his time in the kitchen more interesting and more fun. And the best thing is other people in the house will be able to use it too.
If he loves his fragrances, then why not buy him a new bottle of his favourite? You will appreciate not having to buy a new bottle any time soon. If you are especially in June with the types of fragrances that your father likes, then why not go ahead and buy him a fragrance that you know he doesn’t currently own. Get this right and you will definitely leave a long lasting impression, every time he decides to wear this scent.
Here are a few ideas of what you may buy to show appreciation to your special dad for Father’s Day!
Fathers Day Gifts:
- Men’s Aftershave / Men’s Aftershave Gift Sets
- Shaving Kit or Electronic Shaver
- DVDs, CDs, Books
- Electronic Gadgets and Accessories – a few examples: digital photo frame, mp3 player, ipod touch or iphone + accessories, digital camera, mobile phones.
- Watches, Rings, Chains, and Cufflinks
- Random – Being a bit adventurous and choosing something you don’t see everyday can make some of the greatest gifts. You can find a few items from Amazon.
- Gift voucher – If you can’t choose, then let him choose himself. An Amazon Gift Voucher is great voucher to give, due to the wide variety of things they offer. Father will have no problem finding something to spend his voucher on.
- Personalised gifts – calendars, engraved cufflinks, photo frames, mugs, golf balls, even champagne bottles!
- Unusual Gifts / the Ultimate Toy for the Techy Father – Gadgets.
Activities / Experiences – Great Fathers Day UK Gifts for the Adrenaline Loving Father:
- Flight Experiences
- Driving Experiences
- Land Yachting / Yacht Sailing
- All the above and more at Red Letter Days
Non-Adrenaline Activities / Experiences – Great Gifts for the Quieter Paced Father on Fathers Day UK:
- Horse riding / Carriage Driving
- Sightseeting Flight Over London / Champagne Flight Over London
- Theatre Break / Dinner Theatre Break / Hotel Theatre Break
- Introductory or Professional session in a Recording Studio
- Full Day Golf Lesson / Overnight Golf Break
- Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Short Away Break / Weekend Breaks
- Mini Cruise / Lunch Cruise
- All the above and more at Red Letter Days
Fathers Day UK is always celebrated on the 3rd Sunday in June annually. Created as a counterpart to Mothers Day, it is a day dedicated to representing the contributions that a Father has made to his immediate family. Its history dates back to 1910 in Spokane, Washington USA where a lady decided it was high time that fathers were celebrated too. Why should it be only the mother after all when it took a father to create the child? And so Fathers day was born that year.
Originally it wasn’t taken seriously. Back then, men had to be seen as macho and breadwinners, and the idea of having a day to celebrate being a father was seen as not very masculine at all. But nevertheless as all good ideas go, some people liked the idea, and the idea grew and grew until it has become what it is today.
Do remember the spirit of Father’s Day England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, and ensure that you don’t just buy your dad a gift, but also ensure that he knows that you appreciate him and all that he has done for you and the family. Make Fathers Day UK a good one.